Tuesday 9 October 2007

* Requires Willpower

I'm trying to quit smoking during the day now. I know it sounds silly but it's all part of the plan. I stop smoking at work then i don't miss it as much when i'm out and about. I believe smoking is 80% habit and 20% addiction so i just gotta break the habit at work...

I've got about 5 hours so far and i'm climbing the fucking walls, not to mention ripping off the head of anyone who looks at me the wrong way.

There's 3 major secrets to quitting smoking.

You firstly say you're quitting, rather than 'giving up' as the latter suggests that it's a sacrifice of luxury you're making, and it's not luxury, so you're 'quitting' instead.

The second is no substitutes, no patches, no smoking tube thingies, no gum, no pens, nothing. Go complete cold turkey, it's damn cruel to yourself but you get over it so much quicker.

And the third is baby steps. Don't think you've got to go forever without a fag, you've just got to go to the end of the hour or until teatime. So i'm gonna go until 1 then have some lunch for half an hour, then bingo i've only got 3 and a half hours to go until i'm home.

Until then i've got a ton of Airwaves black in my pocket and no nails left.

Smoking sucks, but stopping smoking sucks more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more.
Especially when you enjoy smoking!
Me, I fucking love to smoke.
and it still hurts that I've gone from 20/25 full fat malboros a day to about 3.

Simpeeer said...

Cmon giving up smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I just decided one day that i wasnt going to smoke anymore and that was it. 40 a day to nothing. I had no cravings or anything. You all must be really weak willed :D

Dont you just hate ex smokers :D

Jimbeeer said...

No, i just hate you