Wednesday 14 November 2007

Oooooh...

Yes yes yes, I've got Assassin's Creed. Who wants to touch me?

I said who wants to touch me, goddammit.

I'd love to tell you what it's like but i've only played an hours worth of the game so far and i haven't really got into the meat of it yet.

So i'll tell you what i can.

It's a little like Hitman but not as hard.

The storyline is very different to what you expect it to be. It's like an end of story twist but right at the beginning.

Climbing is fantastic, it's so easy and it looks so frickin' cool. You just keep rs & A pressed down then run into a wall, Altair will jump and climb as high and fast as he can. Fantastic when you're giving it legs away from the guards.

It's a slow game. VERY slow. This isn't a game where you rush around killing everyone in sight. It's a game where you have to walk slowly past guards with your head bowed and then blend into the crowd. This isn't a game for kids, they'd just get too bored.

The crowd is excellent, so is working your way through the crowd. The way Altair weaves between the traffic of people putting his hands on peoples shoulders so he can get past and giving them a gentle push so they get out of the way when necessary is amazing.

Gfx are just superb but that goes without saying.

On the bad side, there doesn't seem to much depth to the game yet. You can walk around one of the 4 cities (that take you about 20 minutes to travel between on horseback) and do various things. As usual you have your main quest and numerous side quests dotted about. My main quest was to find out 2 things about something which i did, then you can keep wandering around the city helping beggars by killing the guards who are pushing them around or you can find the 9 lookout points at the tops of towers. These open a large radius of the map quickly, which is always useful.

I hope it gets more depth further in the game as it's a little too freeform for an assassin game but, admittedly, i am only at the beginning at the moment. I'll update in a couple of days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Git.
I.Am.VERY.Jealous.

Jimbeeer said...

Well if you ever got off your arse you are always welcome to come down to my house and have a fiddle with my little sticks. The invite is always open.

Anonymous said...

Yes...but you see the problem with that is...well...I'd have to get off my arse and come down to your house.
Which means leaving mine.
See my problem?
See??

>;-)

Jimbeeer said...

Riiiiiiiiigghhtt.