Wednesday 12 September 2007

Top Ten Video Game System Disasters

http://www.gunslot.com/blog/top-ten-10-video-game-system-disasters

To save you some time here they are below:


10. PSX (DVR)
9. Amstrad GX4000 and Amstrad CPC+ range
8. 3DO Interactive Multiplayer
7. Amiga CD32
6. Gizmondo
5. Digiblast
4. Apple Pippin
3. Atari Jaguar console
2. Virtual Boy
1. Nokia N-Gage

I've never heard of half of these, never seen a Digiblast or Apple Pippin but the one that interests me more than anything else was the N-Gage. You see, i'm quite ashamed to say that i had an N-Gage. The old one as well, the one you had to turn on its side to speak on the phone so it looked like you held a taco on the side of your face. Actually, come to think of it, i've still got it in a drawer at home!

But in its defense, some of the games were actually good. Tony Hawks 2 was very enjoyable and good fun to play on the bog at work. It was just a pain in the arse to carry around in your pocket. And swapping the games was annoying but you just downloaded them and stuck them on an sd card, bingo, no more swapping.

I also wanted a Jaguar when it came out, but only because Demolition Man looked cool and they'd recorded extra footage for the game. Never did get to play it, wonder if there's an emulator around...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too had an n-gage.
I spent months & months & months talking me missus into letting me get one (cos she'd be footing the bill for it)...
I got it...played Tomb Raider in the pub, like, once...realised I looked like a twat with a cornish pasty stuck to his head head talking on it...
Got it nicked while in pub one night.
cue one pissed off Missus.
And one slightly relieved DM.
I never actually had to admit that was..well...a bit crap to her.

Jimbeeer said...

In hindsight they were an ok games console and an ok phone, they excelled at neither very well