Tuesday 21 August 2007

The scum of this world

On a complete tangent to my usual rant i want to present a different rant.

There's one kind of person worse than scummy chavs or drunks on the street. Worse than car salesmen and cold callers. Even worse than that annoying shouting tosser on the Safestyle UK advert (I say, ya baaay one, ya get one free).

It's people who are still using IE6.

I hate IE6, actually hate isn't strong enough, i absolutely despise IE6 with every bone in my body. It is a shit browser. It doesn't work properly, there's no support for transparent png's, it doesn't render CSS properly. Even images are a different sodding colour in IE6 to what they are in Firefox. IE6 is the worst scummy stinky piece of shit to ever grace this world since Netscape and it's the bane of my fucking life. I'm a web developer by trade and i have spent the entire damn day getting a site i'm building to look the same in IE6 as it does in Firefox. What a waste of a day.

If you are using IE6 to read this then shame on you. It's because of people like you that i have to waste a days work getting my sites to work on this joke of a browser for every site i build. I hate you and I hope your computer explodes, and i sincerely mean that.

Do me (and the entire world) a favour and switch to Firefox, please, i beg you, you'll love it, every single person who ever made the switch has not regretted it for one second.

It'll take about 10 minutes and if you enjoy browsing the internet then it's the best 10 minutes you could ever spend.

http://www.getfirefox.com

The browser usage for July say that 37% still use IE6 and 34% use Firefox. But IE is dropping and Firefox is rising quickly.

Let's get this below 10% before the end of the year. My life and my job will be so much more enjoyable, as will the thousands of other developers and designers out there and your browsing experience will be infinitely better, i can 100% guarantee.

Rant over, please go about your usual business

No comments: